Professional Development Center Specialist and Trainer Capacity Development (Program Manager)
- B.S. in Human Sciences, Home and Family Life, Texas Tech University
- Certified in Servant Leadership, Lone Star College System, North Harris College
- Grant Services Manager, Texas LEARNS, State Office of Adult Education, 2004-2014
- Adult Education Operations Coordinator, Lone Star College System, North Harris College, 2000-2003
- Adult Education Career Counselor, Lone Star College System, North Harris College, 1995-2000
- Chief GED Examiner, Lone Star College System, North Harris College, 1998-2003
- Teacher, Job Readiness Classes for JTPA/TANF students, 1995-2000
- Senior Counselor, Information and Referral, United Way of Greater Houston, 1986-1989
- Volunteer Caseworker, Montgomery County Women’s Shelter
- Volunteer Counselor, Lubbock Rape Crisis Center
Current Duties/Roles with TRAIN PD at TCALL
- For assigned AEL programs, provides PD Consultation, Site Visits and Concentrated Support; develops PD recommendations for the programs PD Continuous Improvement Plan development and data-driven PD planning; processes training requests from AEL programs including contract trainer negotiations; acts as a point of contact for professional development expertise.
- Leads content development in training for assessments and for the TEAMS data management information system; serves on other PD content development work groups as assigned. Participates in regular planning and strategy meetings with TRAIN PD team. Conducts trainer observations, evaluations, and mentoring as assigned.
- Acts as PD Center’s team leader for Trainer Capacity Development including opportunities for Contract Trainers, local AEL staff, and PD Specialists to develop their training skills and professionalism through Training of Trainers (TOT) events. Manages logistics of Training of Trainers (TOT) events.
- Delivers training as needed in support of state priorities.
- Participates in ongoing Professional Development initiatives to keep abreast of developments and trends in the field; Supports other objectives of the Professional Development Center, including research activities as approved by funder.