Dr. Glenda Rose,
Professional Development Center Specialist and Research/Evaluation Manager (Program Manager)
- Ph.D. in Foreign Language Education (University of Texas at Austin)
- M.A. in Applied Linguistics (Old Dominion University)
- Graduate Certificate in Teaching English to Speaker of Other Languages (Old Dominion University)
- B.A. in English, Linguistics (Old Dominion University)
- Texas Adult Education Teacher Credential
- Educational Consultant, GREAT Consultants, LLC (2009-2014)
- Distance Learning Coordinator, Austin Learning Academy (2010-2013)
- English Language & Civics Instructor, Austin Learning Academy (2008-2013)
- Executive Director, English NOW, (2001-2008)
- Operations Manager, Havertys Furniture (2000-2002)
- Central Region Representative, TALAE (Texas Association for Literacy and Adult Education)
- Vice President, TexTESOL (Texas Teachers of English to Speakers of Other Languages) Region III,
- Committee Member, Texas Distance Learning Advisory Committee
- Treasurer, TexTESOL Region III
- Editor, Texas Papers in Foreign Language Education
Current Duties/Roles with TCALL
- Assists in identifying training needs of local providers; provides a variety of TRAIN Professional Development (PD) Consortium services to local providers; delivers training as needed according to identified needs.
- Maintains training records; acts as a point of contact for Professional Development expertise; assists in the evaluation of contract trainers.
- Participates in regular planning and strategy meetings with other TRAIN PD Consortium Professional Development Specialists.
- Participates in ongoing Professional Development initiatives to keep abreast of developments and trends in the field.
- Specializes in providing Professional Development instructional design support to TRAIN PD Consortium leadership.
- Supports other objectives of the TRAIN PD Consortium, including research activities as approved by funder.