Federico Salas-Isnardi, M.A.,
Director of Resources & Publications
- M.A. in Applied English Linguistics (University of Houston)
- B.A. in English Linguistics with a minor in Spanish (University of Houston)
- Studies toward a degree in Classical Languages and Philology (Universidad Autónoma, Madrid, Spain)
- Credentialed Texas Adult Education Administrator, Texas State University and Texas LEARNS
- Certified Diversity Training Professional, Texas A&M University
- Certificate on Servant Leadership, North Harris College, Houston
- Certificate on Leadership Development, TESOL, Inc.
- Certificate on Leadership across Contexts and Cultures, Intercultural Communication Institute
- Director of Professional Development Consortium, since 2014
- Adult Literacy Specialist, TCALL, 2008-2014
- Assistant State Director of Adult Education, Texas LEARNS, 2003-2008
- Director of Adult Education, North Harris College (Lone Star System), 1997-2003
- Director, Adult Education Professional Development Center (statewide consortium) at North Harris College, 1998-2002
- Director, GED® Testing Center at North Harris College, 1997-2003
- Assistant Director, Literacy Programs, North Harris College, 1994-1997
- Graduate Teaching Assistant, Department of English, University of Houston, 1990-1993
- Professional Developer, ESL and GED® Instructor, Houston Community College, 1989-1994
- Director of Immigration Affairs, International Immigration Institute, Houston, 1987-1988
- Co-Director of the Commission on Adult Basic Education and Literacy, American Association for Adult and Continuing Education (AAACE)
- Chair of Professional Development, Commission on Adult Basic Education (COABE)
- Treasurer and Past-Chair, Association of Adult Literacy Professional Developers
- Member of the English Language Working Group that wrote the new Naturalization test for the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services
- Former Member, Diversity Committee, TESOL International
- Past Chair, Adult Education Interest Section, Teachers of English to Speakers of Other Languages, TESOL International
- Former President, TexTESOL Region IV
Current Duties/Roles with TCALL
- Director of Resources and Publications
- Provides subject matter expertise and content development leadership for information resources and publications including TCALL website, TCALL Directory of Literacy Providers, TCALL resource library and training material collection, Contract Trainer and Training Database, and TCALL publications and reports.
- Provides subject matter expertise for PD field service team activities and procedure development; As assigned to AEL program(s), provides PD Consultation, Site Visits and Concentrated Support, processes training requests, and acts as a point of contact for professional development expertise.
- Provides subject matter expertise for PD content development; serves on content development work groups for English Language Acquisition, Program Management, and other topics as assigned; Participates in regular planning and strategy meetings with TRAIN PD team; Delivers training in Tier 1 and Tier 2 topics as assigned; Conducts trainer observations, evaluations, and mentoring as assigned.